Here are the five questions of the day!
1. The first Test Cricket match was played in March 1877 in Melbourne. On 1 August 2018, which country became the first nation to play 1000 Test cricket matches?
2. This Central African country was a German Empire colony from 1884 to 1916. It is bordered by Nigeria to the west; Chad to the northeast; the Central African Republic to the east; and Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, and the Republic of the Congo to the south. What country?
3. In 1799, this distillery in Mount Vernon, Virginia, produced a record 11,000 gallons of whiskey, largest in the United States at that time. Which high-profile American owned this distillery?
4. What is the name of the human-like inhabitants of the land of the Houyhnhnms, discovered by Captain Lemuel Gulliver in Gulliver’s Travels known as? (It inspired the name of a tech company)
5. Who won the Oscar for Best Actress for her portrayal of Cesira in the movie Two Women? (Picture)
(ANSWERS ARE ON THE NEXT PAGE)