Would you like to access a few of the free content by Qwizzeria before committing to the Patreon page of Qwizzeria? Send me a message, and I will arrange a few samples.
Now, time to play today’s quiz, the 967th edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
1. Napoleon was forced to step down as emperor of France because of a disastrous military campaign in the winter of 1812. Which country did he try to invade?
2. This city in German-speaking Switzerland was founded in 44 AD as Robur, and in 374 AD, the city became the ‘royal’ fortress of Valentinian I and was renamed for the Greek word meaning ‘royal’. Which city?
3. According to ancient Greeks, what fruit was first planted by Aphrodite, the goddess of love, on the island of Cyprus. India and Iran are the world’s leading producers of this fruit?
4. This flat soft cake’s English name came from shortening the Dutch word meaning ‘fine bread’. It is an essential component of an English afternoon tea light meal. What cake?
5. This jacket was invented to be part of American air combat wear. It then transitioned from hipster to streetwear and later to everyday wear. What jacket? (VISUAL)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )