Would you like to access a few of the free content by Qwizzeria before committing to the Patreon page of Qwizzeria? Send me a message, and I will arrange a few samples.
Now, time to play today’s quiz, the 947th edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
1. Anthea Bell attributed her ability to think differently to her father, who notably was the first crossword compiler for The Times newspaper. She famously co-translated what comics into English?
2. Estimated to have started in 1901, what colour is used for Pablo Picasso’s works created between 1901 and 1904, when he primarily painted monochromatic paintings, seemingly influenced by his financial instability and the suicide of his friend?
3. When Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone first arrived in American bookstores on September 1, 1998, the publisher’s note on the galleys said, in part: “I may be just a __ (see inside), but I know magic when I feel it.” What word from the world of Harry Potter did he mention?
4. What US President’s first act was to pardon his predecessor and became the first sitting US president to testify before a congressional hearing?
5. Complete the first line of this poem by Matsuo Basho which is the same as that of the 1967 James Bond movie title – __ ____ ____ ____ – Once when you are born, And once when you look death in the face. (VISUAL)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )