Qwizzeria Daily is an easy-to-medium difficulty of five questions published each day. If you fancy more challenging content, around 500 of these get published, then do check the Patreon page of Qwizzeria.
Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 765th edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
1. The Three Mirabal sisters risked their lives and resisted the rule of dictator Rafael Trujillo, who remained in power for 31 years until his murder in 1961. In which Caribbean country? They were murdered on 25 Nov 1960.
2. Fabiola Gianotti, in 2016, became the first woman to become Director-General of a research organisation renowned for its largest particle physics laboratory in the world. What organisation?
3. Emilie du Chatelet, a lady of science, translated Newtonian physics, which became popular among the French Enlightenment crowd. Her own discoveries include the energy formula K = ½mv2. What form of energy?
4. Maria Goeppert Mayer took up her first paid professional assignment in 1941, teaching science at Sarah Lawrence College. Within a short time, she was part of a mega project in the USA. What high-profile project?
5. This is Cathy Lee Crosby, and she played what title character in the 1974 made-for-television movie? (Pic)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )