Qwizzeria in a nutshell – Qwizzeria is a Zurich-based quiz company that hosts pub quizzes in Zurich, online quizzes, and corporate events globally. If you are interested in pub quizzes and other quiz events, stay tuned to one of the social media channels of Qwizzeria.
Pick your digital companion – FB, YT, Instagram, Twitter, Patreon…. – click here.
1. The Three Mirabal sisters risked their lives and resisted the rule of dictator Rafael Trujillo, who remained in power for 31 years until his murder in 1961. In which Caribbean country? They were murdered on 25 Nov 1960. Dominican Republic
2. Fabiola Gianotti, in 2016, became the first woman to become Director-General of a research organisation renowned for its largest particle physics laboratory in the world. What organisation? CERN
3. Emilie du Chatelet, a lady of science, translated Newtonian physics, which became popular among the French Enlightenment crowd. Her own discoveries include the energy formula K = ½mv2. What form of energy? Kinetic Energy
4. Maria Goeppert Mayer took up her first paid professional assignment in 1941, teaching science at Sarah Lawrence College. Within a short time, she was part of a mega project in the USA. What high-profile project? Manhattan Project
5. This is Cathy Lee Crosby, and she played what title character in the 1974 made-for-television movie? Wonder Woman (Pic)
UPCOMING QUIZ EVENTS
16 June 2022 @ 19.00 (CET) – Trivia Thursdays. More details here
19 June 2022 @ 19.00 (CET) – The Sunday Pub Quiz. More details here
14 June 2022 @ 20.30 (CET) – The Qwizz Hour #109 – Six rounds, six connections – it’s free, and it’s online. More details here – Link