Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 570th edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
1. What craft work now popular worldwide was first made in 1890 by the craftsman Vasily Zvyozdochkin from a design by Sergey Malyutin?
2. Commonly eaten in Greece and Turkey, this dip is made of salted strained yoghurt or diluted yoghurt mixed with cucumbers, garlic, salt, olive oil, occasionally with vinegar or lemon juice, and herbs such as dill, mint, parsley, and thyme?
3. Which former Boxing heavyweight world champion fought for the final time of his career in 2005, in a losing effort to Kevin McBride? His professional record summary reads 50 wins and six losses.
4. Founded by William Brown, the ______ Chronicle-Telegraph (started as ______ Gazette) is the oldest newspaper in North America. Fill in the blank with a Canadian province.
5. What name is given to the fruit, which is a hybrid between the mandarin orange and citron? It has an acidic taste and an orange peel and flesh. Tanqueray introduced a gin with this flavour 15 years ago. – PIC
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )