Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 565th edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
1. This 2008 debut novel is narrated through the eyes of Pat Peoples and occasionally Tiffany’s through letters. It was adapted into a 2012 movie. What novel?
2. In the 19th century, who created the first welfare state in the modern world, intending to get working-class support that would have gone to his Socialist enemies? In the 1870s, he fought the Catholic Church in what was called the Kulturkampf.
3. What name is given to a social phenomenon that occurs when an attempt to hide, remove or censor information has the unintended consequence of further publicizing that information, often via the Internet?
4. Sixty years after her death, the remains of which person and her husband were transferred to the Panthéon, thereby becoming the first woman to be honoured with interment there on her own merits?
5. What historical novel set in the 17th century, the Netherlands, was inspired by local painter Johannes Vermeer and presents a fictional account of Vermeer, the model, and the painting? – PIC
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )