Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 563rd edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
1. In July 2020, which Middle Eastern country successfully launched the Arab world’s first mission to Mars? The Al Amal probe went into orbit around Mars earlier this February.
2. In the 2007 musical Across The Universe, the main character, Jude, has his ticket stamped to New York by an elderly man who says that he would have left the city sooner when he was young, but he is now __ and still working at the shipyard. The elderly man’s line is a reference to what Beatles song?
3. Japanese artist Hiro Yamagata was commissioned to recreate the Bamiyan _____ statues using laser systems to project the images where they once stood. The actual statues in Afghanistan were vandalised by the Taliban. Whose figures were they?
4. What 1st-century BCE Roman engineer, author of an influential treatise on architecture, was celebrated in a famous 15th century Leonardo da Vinci drawing?
5. What word is missing from the title of this book? (PIC)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )