Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 560th edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
1. On 4 February 2008, to mark the 40th anniversary of the song and NASAs 50th anniversary, this Beatles song was transmitted into interstellar space in the direction of Polaris. Which appropriately named song?
2. What American illusionist and stuntman died on 31 October 1926 because of appendicitis brought on by three stomach punches?
3. In Hebrew, this word literally translates to “owner, master, or a lord”. It is the name of one of the greatest military commanders in history and features in suspense novels by Thomas Harris. What name?
4. The recipe for this broader pub drink category goes back to the 18th century when the beverage during the long voyages to the East was not in prime condition. Without refrigeration and pasteurisation, the hop content and alcohol levels were increased. The resultant alcohol could withstand the challenges of travel and shelf life in the East. The name became popular from the mid-19th-century onwards. What name?
5. This is Friedrich Wilhelm ________, a former German mayor and the founder of the first cooperative lending bank (1864) to help farmers. Fill the blank with the family name associated with football in Switzerland. PIC
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )