Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 557th edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
1. Besides water, what runs through the mouth of the River Amazon and Lake Victoria?
2. A short bio of what literary character – “After being discharged from the British army in July 1880, he returned to London. There he met a prospective flatmate, and rest as they say is history.”
3. The national sport of Afghanistan is a horse-mounted game in which the contestants drag a goat. Name of the sport, bitte?
4. Which virus gets its name from the Ugandan language Luganda meaning ‘become overgrown’. It was first isolated in a forest that bears the name of the virus.
5. Which heavy metal band got their name after a medieval instrument of torture, where a person was placed into a chamber containing sharp objects and death was caused due to blood loss while standing. PIC
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )