Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 547th edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
1. Which English word is derived from Latin, meaning ‘foster son’ and comes from the verb Alere, meaning ‘to grow, nourish’?
2. A traditional Japanese tea ceremony centres on the preparation, serving, and drinking of what (one word) as hot tea? In other uses, it is used to flavour soba noodles, green tea ice-cream etc.
3. The illegitimate child of wizard Atlan and his Atlanna was sentenced to die. Instead, he grows up to become one of the superheroes. Arthur Curry is one of his aliases. Which DC Comic character?
4. When Henri Giffard invented this mode of transport, he chose the French word meaning, ‘to direct, guide or steer’. Since then, many other names have been used to this once popular mode of transport. Which French word did he use?
5. Name this American writer, famous for his screenplays, Broadway plays and over ten novels. One of his creations is the series I Dream of Jeannie. (PIC)
If you are interested in more quizzes, then I suggest you check Qwizzeria’s Patreon page. There are loads of quiz content exclusively published on this Patreon besides the daily quiz!
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )