Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 539th edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
1. Amira Air was founded in 2004 by Ronny Pecik as a provider of charter flights for executives, serving the European and international markets. In 2016, which former F1 driver took over Amira Air and renamed it to his last name.
2. In 2018, the South African finance minister, while giving his first budget speech, said: “As urban poet ________ _____ says: We gon’be right, we gon’be alright.” It turns out, which American rapper was he referring to?
3. Which South American country’s popular uprising was known as the Cochabamba Water War in 2000 against the US-based Bechtel Corporation over water privatisation?
4. Interpreter of Maladies, published in 1999, was written by which author of Indian origin? It won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction.
5. Which Hollywood actress and winner of the 1988 Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress competed for a spot on the US Olympic women’s archery team in 2000, finishing in the top 30 at the 1999 national championship? (PIC)
If you are interested in more quizzes, then I suggest you check Qwizzeria’s Patreon page. There are loads of quiz content exclusively published on this Patreon besides the daily quiz!
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )