Since April 2021, Qwizzeria publishes a 100-question monthly quiz on a wide range of international topics called ‘Qwizzeria Monthly’. Unlike the daily quizzes, this quiz is a paid one. If you wish to take part regularly, then do consider committing to Qwizzeria’s Patreon page. There are loads of quiz content exclusively published on this Patreon besides the monthly quiz.
Moving on to our daily quizzes!
Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 524th edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
1. This world-famous chamber was built in the 18th century in Prussia. It is decorated in _____ panels backed with gold leaf and mirrors. It is called Yantarnaya Komnata in Russian. Fill in the blank with a colour.
2. Johann Halske was a German mechanic who co-founded a telegraph construction company with another pioneer German inventor and industrialist. In 1867, he withdrew from the company because of policy differences. The company survives even today by the name of Halske’s partner. Who was his partner?
3. This 1982 novel deals with the life of African-American women in the South in the 1930s. It won Alice Walker, the author, a Pulitzer Prize for fiction. In addition, it was adapted into a 1980s movie. Which book/movie?
4. Allen Gant was inspired by his pregnant wife to create this garment. His wife complained that it is uncomfortable to wear her garter belt while pregnant – and at that time, the belt was the only way to hold up her stockings. What garment?
5. He lends his name to the one-half of the 1970s Battle of the Sexes. Name this former American tennis champion. (PIC)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )