Since April 2021, Qwizzeria publishes a 100-question monthly quiz on a wide range of international topics called ‘Qwizzeria Monthly’. Unlike the daily quizzes, this quiz is a paid one. If you wish to take part regularly, then do consider committing to Qwizzeria’s Patreon page. There are loads of quiz content exclusively published on this Patreon besides the monthly quiz.
Moving on to our daily quizzes!
Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 517th edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
1. Riccardo ______ was an Italian civil engineer best known for his innovative use of reinforced concrete and worked on projects worldwide. One of his designs, a bridge in Genoa, partially collapsed in 2018 killing 39 people. Name the bridge/family name?
2. What European city connects Pierre Beaumarchais’s French comedy play about Figaro and a 19th-century opera by Gioachino Rossini based on the same French play?
3. The Sandinista National Liberation Front (FSLN) came to power in 1979, overthrowing Anastasio Somoza in which Central American country?
4. Benjamin Franklin was the first American Minister (equivalent to ambassador) in France after the 1776 declaration. Which future US President took over his role in 1785?
5. Which magazine released these quotes in 2017? The context is people’s reactions to the magazine’s decisions in the 1960s and a few years ago. (PIC)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )