Since April 2021, Qwizzeria publishes a 100-question monthly quiz on a wide range of international topics called ‘Qwizzeria Monthly’. Unlike the daily quizzes, this quiz is a paid one. If you wish to take part regularly, then do consider committing to Qwizzeria’s Patreon page. There are loads of quiz content exclusively published on this Patreon besides the monthly quiz.
Moving on to our daily quizzes!
Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 515th edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
1. Which British novelist was played by Kate Winslet and Judi Dench in the same 2001 film, with both actors receiving Oscar nominations for the roles?
2. Which Asian country was till recently wholly dependent on its neighbour for all its drinking supplies? It expects to be self-sufficient on this count by 2061 (when its current agreements with its neighbour expire)
3. Japanese noodles are usually classified according to the thickness and the material they are made. The different types include Somen, Ramen, Shirataki, Soba, Hiyamugi and ______. This is a white wheat-based noodle, and the thickest of the noodles served in Japanese Cuisine?
4. Built in 1954, this radio station was the first to allow radio-based communications across the Alps. With time and the advent of fibre-optic cable links, the station ceased to exist in 2013. The Swiss telecom company Swisscom ran the operations in which Swiss location, a popular spot among tourists?
5. Who appeared in this Wheaties ad a few decades ago? (PIC)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )