Qwizzeria in a nutshell – Qwizzeria is a Zurich-based quiz company that hosts pub quizzes in Zurich, online quizzes, and corporate events globally. If you are interested in pub quizzes and other quiz events, stay tuned to one of the social media channels of Qwizzeria.
Pick your digital companion – FB, YT, Instagram, Twitter, Patreon…. – click here.
1. What does the ‘take’ in Japanese names Enokitake, Shiitake, Matsutake mean? Mushroom
2. Which branch of learning means “the reunion of broken parts” and once meant the surgical procedure of setting broken or dislocated bones? Algebra
3. On January 3, 1938, President Roosevelt founded the National Foundation for Infantile Paralysis to help combat a disease that had affected millions, including him. What disease? Polio
4. Discovered in 2017, “ʻOumuamua” is an interstellar object passing through the Solar System and conjectured in 2018 to have an extra-terrestrial origin. What five-letter English word does it translate to from Hawaiian? Scout
5. Chicago Style Manual has compiled a book on English usage and grammar and has an apt title. What one word fills both the blanks? But – (PIC)
UPCOMING QUIZ EVENTS
30 September 2021 @ 19.00 (CET) – Trivia Thursdays. More details here
03 October 2021 @ 19.00 (CET) – The Sunday Pub Quiz. More details here
05 October 2021 @ 20.30 (CET) – The Qwizz Hour #76 – Six rounds, six connections – it’s free, and it’s online. More details here – Online Link to play the quiz