Since April 2021, Qwizzeria publishes a 100-question monthly quiz on a wide range of international topics called ‘Qwizzeria Monthly’. Unlike the daily quizzes, this quiz is a paid one. If you wish to take part regularly, then do consider committing to Qwizzeria’s Patreon page. There are loads of quiz content exclusively published on this Patreon besides the monthly quiz.
Moving on to our daily quizzes!
Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 502nd edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
1. Launched in July 2018, Sacred Games is an original TV series based on the 2006 thriller novel of the same name. It is Netflix’s first original drama made in which country?
2. Dr Hastings Banda returned to his homeland in the former colonial territory of Nyasaland to lead his country to independence as the ‘Wind of Change’ swept Africa in the 1960s. He became the country’s first President and renamed it _____, allegedly because he liked it when he saw it on an old French map.
3. The title of the 1991 book refers to the extermination of an alien species. It is a portmanteau of two Greek words, one is ‘alien’, and the other is ‘the act of killing’. What book?
4. Commemorating the 1908 Tunguska event in Siberia, the United Nations General Assembly in 2016 adopted a resolution declaring 30 June as International _____ Day. Fill in the blank.
5. Name this geographical feature whose name means ‘spewing’ or ‘much spreading’ in Hawaiian.(PIC)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )