Since April 2021, Qwizzeria publishes a 100-question monthly quiz on a wide range of international topics called ‘Qwizzeria Monthly’. Unlike the daily quizzes, this quiz is a paid one. If you wish to take part regularly, then do consider committing to Qwizzeria’s Patreon page. There are loads of quiz content exclusively published on this Patreon besides the monthly quiz.
Moving on to our daily quizzes!
Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 500th edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
1. Which country’s rise as a federal state began on 12 September 1848, creating a federal constitution in response to a 27-day civil war called the Sonderbundskrieg?
2. What British writer and creator of an iconic fictional character wrote an article for The Strand, in which he used photographs to ‘prove’ the existence of fairies? That theory has been debunked.
3. In 1976, which US President’s administration rolled out a Vaccine Program (swine flu) right before the Presidential elections? Result: It Backfired—And Not Just Politically.
4. In 1987, who played Scott Irwin on the Australian soap opera Home and Away? This actor went on to play Patrick Verona in 10 Things I Hate About You and Ennis Del Mar in Brokeback Mountain.
5. The 1939 poetry collection is the basis for which 1981 Andrew Lloyd Webber’s musical? – (PIC)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was Scottish.
Thank you for spotting the error. Updated it to British writer.