Since April 2021, Qwizzeria publishes a 100-question monthly quiz on a wide range of international topics called ‘Qwizzeria Monthly’. Unlike the daily quizzes, this quiz is a paid one. If you wish to take part regularly, then do consider committing to Qwizzeria’s Patreon page. There are loads of quiz content exclusively published on this Patreon besides the monthly quiz.
Moving on to our daily quizzes!
Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 493rd edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
1. One of the nitrogen oxide compounds is the colourless non-flammable gas, nitrous oxide, used as anaesthetic and pain-reducing effects. By what name coined by Humphrey Davy is it popularly known?
2. Famously known as the birthplace of Ludwig van Beethoven in 1770, what city was once the residence of the Archbishops and Prince-electors of Cologne?
3. What South American capital city is the longest continually inhabited area in the Rio de la Plata basin, and hence it is known as “the Mother of Cities”?
4. The Great _____ lake in Southeast Europe is shared by Albania, Greece, and North Macedonia. The Small _____ lake is shared only between Greece and Albania. What freshwater lake is common to both the blanks?
5. Horace Rawlins was an English professional golfer who happens to be the first winner of which prestigious tournament and one of the four major championships? He won it in 1895 in a one-day event wherein a total of eleven golfers took part. (PIC)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )