Qwizzeria in a nutshell – Qwizzeria is a Zurich-based quiz company that hosts pub quizzes in Zurich, online quizzes, and corporate events globally. If you are interested in pub quizzes and other quiz events, stay tuned to one of the social media channels of Qwizzeria.
Pick your digital companion – FB, YT, Instagram, Twitter, Patreon…. – click here.
1. Macchiato, Cortado, Piccolo Latte, Galão, Cappuccino are different kinds of drinks made with what base? Espresso
2. Which mythological mountain nymph’s speech was cursed, only able to repeat the last words anyone spoke to her, and her name means ‘sound’ in Greek? Echo
3. In 1857, Oscar Rejlander combined different sections of 32 negatives into a single image, making a montage combination print, thereby creating the world’s first image using what now frequently used trick? The first such trick for the motion picture was used in 1895. Special effects/SFX
4. What private Ivy League research university, with the motto ‘Veritas’, was established in 1636 with crimson colour closely associated with the university? Harvard University
5. Which American writer (born in the former Soviet Republic) and professor of biochemistry is considered one of the “Big Three” science-fiction writers during his lifetime? Isaac Asimov – (PIC)
UPCOMING QUIZ EVENTS
16 September 2021 @ 19.00 (CET) – Trivia Thursdays. More details here
12 September 2021 @ 19.00 (CET) – The Sunday Pub Quiz. More details here
14 September 2021 @ 20.30 (CET) – The Qwizz Hour #73 – Six rounds, six connections – it’s free, and it’s online. More details here – Online Link to play the quiz