Since April 2021, Qwizzeria publishes a 100-question monthly quiz on a wide range of international topics called ‘Qwizzeria Monthly’. Unlike the daily quizzes, this quiz is a paid one. If you wish to take part regularly, then do consider committing to Qwizzeria’s Patreon page. There are loads of quiz content exclusively published on this Patreon besides the monthly quiz.
Moving on to our daily quizzes!
Here is today’s quiz, the 483rd edition of Qwizzeria Daily.
1. What name is given to the general music type that primarily uses instruments to produce sound without the aid of electric or electronic devices?
2. What 1995 movie was an adaptation of the book Lost Moon: The Perilous Voyage of ______ by astronaut Jim Lovell and Jeffrey Kluger?
3. He is considered to be a master of Latin prose. Two English words meaning ‘eloquent’ and ‘local guide’ are derived from his name. Which influential Roman statesman (106 BC – 43 BC)?
4. The word initially referred to the North African and West Asian practice of having a company of travellers, pilgrims, merchants, etc., going together for security and derives from the word meaning ‘group of desert travellers’. What word?
5. This character was created by Elzie Crisler Segar in 1919 for his comic strip Thimble Theatre and later became a cartoon character who was closely associated with the title hero. Which character? (PIC)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )