Qwizzeria in a nutshell – Qwizzeria is a Zurich-based quiz company that hosts pub quizzes in Zurich, online quizzes, and corporate events globally. If you are interested in pub quizzes and other quiz events, stay tuned to one of the social media channels of Qwizzeria.
Pick your digital companion – FB, YT, Instagram, Twitter, Patreon…. – click here.
1. Along with the South African Afro-fusion band Freshlyground, who featured in the official song of the 2010 FIFA World Cup? Shakira
2. A fertile male ant and a male bee from an unfertilised egg are both known by what word? Drone
3. Luke Howard, a London pharmacist, had a passion for meteorology. In 1802, he published a list containing different types of what, giving them Latin names such as Cirrus, Stratus and Cumulus based on their characteristics? Clouds
4. In William Shakespeare’s play Romeo and Juliet, Mercutio has a line this way. “Good King of Cats, nothing but one of your ____ _____, that I mean to make bold withal, and, as you shall use me hereafter, dry-beat the rest of the eight.” Fill in the missing two words. Nine Lives
5. Derived from the Japanese meaning ‘divine wind’, what name was given to the Japanese Special Attack units of military aviators who initiated suicide attacks during World War II? Kamikaze
UPCOMING QUIZ EVENTS
02 September 2021 @ 19.00 (CET) – Trivia Thursdays. More details here
29 August 2021 @ 19.00 (CET) – The Sunday Pub Quiz. More details here
31 August 2021 @ 20.30 (CET) – The Qwizz Hour #71 – Six rounds, six connections – it’s free, and it’s online. More details here – Online Link to play the quiz