Since April 2021, Qwizzeria publishes a 100-question monthly quiz on a wide range of international topics called ‘Qwizzeria Monthly’. Unlike the daily quizzes, this quiz is a paid one. If you wish to take part regularly, then do consider committing to Qwizzeria’s Patreon page. There are loads of quiz content exclusively published on this Patreon besides the monthly quiz.
Moving on to our daily quizzes!
Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 476th edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
1. One of the documentaries featured at the 2020 Zurich Film Festival was 76 days, the number of days a city went into a lockdown imposed on 23 January 2020. Which city?
2. Esteban Cortázar happens to be one of the youngest designers to present at the NY Fashion Week. Many of his designs and colours pay tribute to his South American heritage. In what country was he born?
3. What 1975 hit song was number one on UK charts, spent five weeks on number one again in 1991 and then made a comeback to the weekly charts in 2018?
4. At the 2012 Wimbledon, Yaroslava Shvedova won the first set of her third-round match 6-0 without losing a single point, marking the first time this has happened in the main draw of a Grand Slam tournament. What term describes this type of set, completed in just 24 points?
5. What measure of resistance to deformation (especially for liquids) gets its name from the Latin term for mistletoe? It refers to the glue derived from mistletoe berries.
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )