Qwizzeria is running a monthly quiz on medium-to-highbrow questions. There are 100 questions in each edition. Check it out here – Qwizzeria Monthly.
Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 399th edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
1. The Golden Temple in Amritsar, completed in 1604, is regarded as having the largest free kitchen in the world, serving between one and three lakh visitors daily. It is a holy temple for which religion?
2. In 1922, Constantine I abdicated the throne following his country’s defeat in Turkey and was succeeded by his eldest son, George II. Of which country was Constantine I a king from 1913 to 1917 and from 1920 to 1922?
3. What 2019 Danny Boyle movie centres around Jack Malik, a struggling musician, and finds himself the only person to remember the Beatles and starts taking credit for their songs?
4. Antoine Balard discovered it in 1825 while he was messing around with seaweed and named it muride, meaning brine. Balard later chose another name, meaning ‘stench’. What chemical element?
5. Name this American organisation is now known by the five-letter acronym, founded in 1985 as a protest against defamatory coverage of LGBT people. (I need the abbreviation) – PIC
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )