Qwizzeria is running a monthly quiz on medium-to-highbrow questions. There are 100 questions in each edition. The first edition (April 2021) and the second edition (May 2021) are available to play. Check it out here – Qwizzeria Monthly.
Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 385th edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
1. According to the Punch magazine, dated 01 Aug 1896, the combination-meal, when nearer the usual hour is “______,” and, when nearer luncheon is “……”. Please don’t forget this. Fill in with either one of the answers.
2. A conversation from 1931, “What I admire about your art is its universality. You do not say a word, and yet the world understands you.” “It’s true.” replied the other person, “But your fame is even greater. The world admires you when no one understands you.” Name any one of these two people.
3. Do you need to be a Marvel fan or a linguist? What word (verb) gets its name from the Old French word, meaning ‘to vindicate by inflicting pain or evil on the wrongdoer’?
4. What nickname did the “permanent resident card” issued by the U.S. government acquire because of its historical colour?
5. Due to its failure, which former magazine paid Warner Bros. $30,000 to remove all references to the magazine from the film when released on home video? – PIC
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )