Qwizzeria is running a monthly quiz on medium-to-highbrow questions. There are 100 questions in each edition. The first edition (April 2021) and the second edition (May 2021) are available to play. Check it out here – Qwizzeria Monthly.
Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 383rd edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
1. In the early 1950s, what idea did Sir Hugh Beaver develop and was initially intended to be given away for free in pubs to promote the Guinness brand? Guinness World Record Book
2. In an 1878 experiment that was considered to be a precursor to motion pictures, Eadweard Muybridge took a series of 24 photographs shot in rapid succession of what type of animal? HORSE
3. Between 1978 and 1980, Braniff International Airways was the only US airline to operate what supersonic aircraft domestically? Concorde
4. Breaking off the Filchner-Ronne Ice Shelf lying in the Weddell Sea, Antarctica, what is the name given to the world’s largest iceberg (as of 13 May 2021), at 4320 sq km in size, it is slightly larger than the Spanish island of Majorca. A-76
5. The poster for the 2009 film Fanboys is a reference to a Star Wars ( Darth Vader) and a 2005 film. Identify the 2005 movie. The 40-Year-Old Virgin (PIC)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )