Qwizzeria is running a monthly quiz on medium-to-highbrow questions. There are 100 questions in each edition. The first edition (April 2021) and the second edition (May 2021) are available to play. Check it out here – Qwizzeria Monthly.
Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 376th edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
1. Courtesy of Jamala’s win at the 2016 Eurovision song contest held in Stockholm, which country hosted the 2017 Eurovision contest for the second time (previously being in 2005)?
2. Fårö is a Baltic sea island, one of the popular summer resorts in Europe and the Nordic. In which country is this island located?
3. According to ancient sources, what ruler showed a special affection for the memory of Achilles when he visited the Trojan ruins and took the shield from Achilles’ tomb at the start of his Persian Campaign?
4. The writer first encountered this historical figure in Charles Lamb’s Adventures of _______, an adaptation of a Greek epic for children. He wrote an essay about the character at school, entitled “My Favourite Hero,” and initially, his novel was meant to be a short story titled ______ in Dublin. What writer?
5. Born Terry Gene Bollea, this retired pro-wrestler is better known by his ring name. He is rated as the most recognised wrestling star worldwide. What ring name did he use? (PIC)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )