Qwizzeria is running a monthly quiz on medium-to-highbrow questions. There are 100 questions in each edition. The first edition (April 2021) and the second edition (May 2021) are available to play. Check it out here – Qwizzeria Monthly.
Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 375th edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
1. The etymology of this mountain range is debated, and one of the popular theories is, it derives from the Quechua word meaning ‘east.’ What mountain range?
2. The Volpi Cup is awarded to the actors and is named in honour of Count Giuseppe Volpi di Misurata, who happens to be the founder of what film festival in Europe?
3. From the old Nordic word meaning ‘chooser of the slain,’ what term was given to a WW II operation whose plot involved disarming the SS, arrest the Nazi leadership once Hitler had been assassinated?
4. In Arvind Adiga’s 2008 Booker Prize-winning novel, the central character and narrator refers to himself as to what? As a child, the nickname given to him denotes that he was unique in the “jungle,” that he was more intelligent than the others.
5. It gets its name from the Latin word (Gulo) for ‘glutton’; by what popular name is this muscular carnivore known? Yes, there is a comic character with the same name. (PIC)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )