Qwizzeria is running a monthly quiz on medium-to-highbrow questions. There are 100 questions in each edition. The first edition (April 2021) and the second edition (May 2021) are available to play. Check it out here – Qwizzeria Monthly.
Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 372nd edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
1. In the Preface to The Hobbit, what did J.R.R. Tolkien refer to this way? ___ is not an English word. It occurs in one or two places in The Hobbit but is usually translated as a goblin. Fill in the blank.
2. Gwendolyn ‘Winnie’ Cooper was Fred Savage’s neighbour and love interest in what comedy-drama TV series? It won a lot of awards while it ran from 1988 until 1993.
3. The story goes that on Thanksgiving weekend 1966, this billionaire arrived at the Desert Inn Hotel, walking alongside a stretcher to avoid attention. The owner personally asked him to leave so that the hotel could prepare top-floor suites for high rollers. Instead of going, he bought the hotel. Who?
4. Fargo is a 1996 movie that fetched Frances McDormand, her first Best Actress Oscar. Fargo is derived from the city where the story takes place and is the most populous city of what US state?
5. In 1874, Maurice _________ moved from England to New York and made his Broadway debut alongside actress Georgiana …., a daughter of an acting family. They married in 1876. The fourth-generation member from their acting family takes her name from both the family names. Name the fourth-generation member by combining both the blanks? (PIC)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )