Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 354th edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
Qwizzeria has a Patreon page where exclusive quizzes are published; click here for more updates!
1. What British novelist was born in Cardiff in 1916 to Norwegian parents and was named after a Norwegian polar explorer?
2. In 1935, a movie production house was formed through a merger of two American movie studios. It ceased to exist from 20 March 2019 as it was sold to a prominent business house. What American studio?
3. Pope Francis announced in March 2019 that sealed archives from the pontificate of Pope Pius XII would be opened next year. The release was prompted by historians’ long-time efforts to examine the Roman Catholic Church’s response to which 20th-century event?
4. Red Rising is a 2014 science fiction novel by Pierce Brown and the first book and eponym of a series. The novel follows the lowborn miner Darrow as he infiltrates the ranks of elite Golds. In what place of our solar system is the novel set?
5. Before releasing the 2011 movie Thor, Marvel celebrated by releasing a ‘Thor Goes to Hollywood’ variant line, with parody works depicting Thor in homage to earlier hit films. What movie is the inspiration behind this artwork? (PIC)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )