Qwizzeria is a Zurich-based quiz company that hosts pub quizzes in Zurich, online quizzes, and corporate events globally. If you are interested in pub quizzes and other quiz events, stay tuned with one of the social media channels of Qwizzeria.
For more Qwizzeria daily quizzes – click here
Pick your digital companion – FB, YT, Instagram, Twitter – click here
1. On January 27, 2006, all 35 churches of Salzburg rang their bells after 8 pm local time to celebrate the 250th anniversary of the birth of which person? Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
2. With over 450 definitions, what three-letter word has the most meanings as per the Oxford English Dictionary? Set
3. This family of grapes includes over 200 grape varieties and has been used for wine production for several centuries. Their colours range from Ottonel, Giallo, rosa del Trentino to near black. The white grape variety is used in the production of the Italian sparkling wine Asti. What grape family? Muscat
4. What first is credited to the cargo ship SS Ancon when it passed through a particular route on August 15, 1914? The first ship to officially transit the Panama Canal.
5. During World War II, few sections of the walls of Santa Maria Delle Grazie in Milan were sand-bagged to preserve precious artwork. When an allied bombardment in 1943 hit the church, the walls holding the artwork survived. What artwork? The Last Supper – PIC
UPCOMING QUIZ EVENTS
11 May 2021 @ 20.30 (CET) – The Qwizz Hour #57 – Six rounds, six connections – it’s free, and it’s online. More details here – Online Link to play the quiz