Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 349th edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
Qwizzeria has a Patreon page where exclusive quizzes are published; click here for more updates!
1. What rank comes in between Captain and Lieutenant in the army and between Group captain and Squadron Leader in the air force in the English military grade?
2. In the NATO phonetic alphabet, also known as the International Radiotelephony Spelling Alphabet, what place name is used to describe the letter ‘Q’?
3. What ‘universal’ idea was proposed by the 18th-century scientists John Mitchell and Pierre-Simon Laplace? Stephen Hawking popularised this concept.
4. This 2004 non-fiction book by Jon Ronson concerns about US Army’s attempts in the 1970s and 1980s to kill certain domestic animals by looking at them and stopping their hearts. A 2009 movie of the same title is a fictionalised version of the book. What book/movie?
5. A world record auction price for a pearl was reached at Sotheby’s in 2018 when circa US$36 million was bid for a pearl and diamond pendant that once belonged to which European queen? (PICTURE)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )