Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 348th edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
Qwizzeria has a Patreon page where exclusive quizzes are published; click here for more updates!
1. Created by Nic Pizzolatto and first telecast in 2014 on HBO, what crime drama TV series had Matthew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson, etc., in season one? The third season premiered on HBO on January 13, 2019, and stars Mahershala Ali.
2. What one-word instrument connects these following: uilleann, gaita, duda, and dudelsack?
3. What name was given to the theory used by successive US administrations during the Cold War, and it meant – if one country in a region came under the influence of communism, then the surrounding countries would follow?
4. This army post was constructed in 1918 in response to WWI. It was named after the Continental Army’s chief of artillery during the Revolutionary War, Henry ____, and became the gold depository in 1937. What place?
5. Himeji Castle (known in English as White Egret because of its white exterior) is one of the largest and most visited castles, and in 1993 was registered as one of the first UNESCO World Heritage Sites of which Asian country?
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )