Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 346th edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
Qwizzeria has a Patreon page where exclusive quizzes are published; click here for more updates!
1. What Peter Sellers movie is based on the Cold War thriller Red Alert, with the screenplay for the film, was written by Terry Southern, Stanley Kubrick, and Peter George?
2. Alberto Vargas was a noted Peruvian painter known for his pin-up artists. His pin-ups were objected to by the US Post Office, and his works were dropped by Esquire to be on the safer side. For a long time, Vargas struggled financially until a magazine began to use his creations in the late 50s. For which magazine did he produce over 150 paintings from 1958 till the 1970s?
3. In English literature, what five-letter word is given to a poem of serious reflection, usually a lament for the dead, and comes from the Greek term meaning ‘lament’?
4. In 2017, what verb did the Merriam-Webster dictionary define as to antagonise (others) online “by deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content”?
5. Which British physician and explorer’s famous meeting with Henry Morton Stanley on 10 November 1871 gave rise to the famous quotation “Dr. ___________, I presume?”
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )