Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 343rd edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
Qwizzeria has a Patreon page where exclusive quizzes are published; click here for more updates!
1. Sir Robert Peel was a former two-time British prime minister in the 1830s and 1840s. Being one of the founders of this political party, he was also the first British PM from this party. What political party?
2. What English word gets its name from the French word meaning ‘a prize of war’?
3. Milkwood Films is a production company owned by the Welsh actress Catherine Zeta-Jones. The name stems from a 1954 radio play ‘Under Milkwood’ by what Welsh writer?
4. The 1897 cover art designed by Aubrey Beardsley features one of the characters from an Arabic folk tale. What character shares its name with a Chinese company that was founded in 1999?
5. To date, Meryl Streep leads the list in the Oscar nominations for acting. In 1962, what actress became the first person to secure 10 Academy Award nominations for acting? (PICTURE)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )