Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 342nd edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
Qwizzeria has a Patreon page where exclusive quizzes are published; click here for more updates!
1. Vostok 1 has the distinction of having made the first crewed spaceflight in the history of mankind. Who was the only crew member of Vostok 1?
2. In 1923, which Canadian physician and the co-discoverer of insulin received the Nobel Prize in Medicine alongside John James Rickard Macleod?
3. Born in 1908 in Yemen, he emigrated to Saudi Arabia and in 1931 started his own construction business and soon became “the wealthiest non-royal family in the kingdom.” Who?
4. Whose letter to The Player’s Tribune on November 29, 2015, announcing his retirement from a professional league, was adapted into a short film that won an Oscar for Best Animated Short Film?
5. Henri Rousseau, the post-impressionist painter, is best known for his large, naive jungle paintings. What 2005 animated movie by DreamWorks used Rousseau’s painting as an inspiration for creating the jungle? (PIC)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )