Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 318th edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
1. This airport is in the northern part of New York City in the borough of Queens. It was named after the American politician who is best known for being the 99th Mayor of New York. At only five feet, two inches tall, he was also called “the Little Flower.” Who/airport’s name?
2. From the beginning of 2010 until the 2021 Australian Open, only three players outside of the fab four (Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, and Murray) have won the grand slam singles titles. If Wawrinka and Dominic Thiem are two of them, name the other; who won the 2014 U.S. Open?
3. In 2018, what famous musician said this, “Me, Mike (Rutherford), and Tony Banks are pretty close still. I can’t imagine what it would be like if I didn’t play the drums, but anything is possible if my son, Nic, joins as a drummer”?
4. Over the years, there have been many lists concerning this subject. The most widely used is Gardiner’s sign list that has 763 signs spread across 26 categories. Other lists include Georg Möller’s. What is this list?
5. What painter (1577-1640) painted this titled, The Calydonian Boar Hunt? (PICTURE)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )