Here is the link for today’s quiz, the 317th edition of Qwizzeria Daily. And, if you need questions (in the text) for yesterday’s quiz, scroll down.
1. Justinus Kerner was a 19th-century German doctor and is known for identifying a new disease that killed a few of his patients who ate cheap meats used in a popular food item. He called the ailment ‘Botulism’ or _______ disease, named after which food item?
2. What sport was developed in the 1850s in Australia to aid cricketers in keeping fit during the off-season and, it went on to become a popular sport?
3. The 1891 Thomas Hardy’s novel “Tess of the d’Urbervilles” was adapted into a 1979 movie, Tess, played by Nastassja Kinski in the title role. Which famous European-born movie maker directed this?
4. In the 17th century, this word was an informal synonym for ‘sweetheart.’ The usage of this word was reduced until it appeared in Harry Potter books, though with a different meaning. Oxford Dictionary included it with the definition – a person who is not conversant with a particular activity or skill. What word?
5. Here is the Apollo 11 plaque with signatures from the three astronauts involved in the final mission. What US President signed the plaque for this mission? (PICTURE)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS )