Five questions of the day, in other words, Qwizzeria Daily, a daily quiz where you get to discover new facts from the ocean of information or test what you already know.
Here are today’s five questions –
1. Also known as the double-strung racquet and caused a stir in the 1970s, what popular name (reminds you of an edible item) was given to this tennis racquet was created by Werner Fisher and was banned in 1978 by International Tennis Federation?
2. What started as a myth continues to exist even today when it comes to women becoming _____ chefs. Reasons such as ‘Women’s hands are too warm, they wear perfume, cosmetics, and it’s hard labour.’ A famous chef went on to say because of menstrual cycles; women have “an imbalance in their taste”. Fill in the blank with the dish?
3. What connects the largest recognised subspecies of a brown bear to the public beta Mac OS X released by Apple in 2000?
4. What cutting tool with a sharp edge gets its English name from the Old French, meaning ‘to cut’?
5. He is a notorious criminal mastermind and bird of many faces – long thought to be a chicken; he was exposed to be a penguin when Wallace and Gromit foiled a robbery. By what name is he known? (PICTURE)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS)