Five questions of the day, in other words, Qwizzeria Daily, a daily quiz where you get to discover new facts from the ocean of information or test what you already know.
Here are today’s five questions –
1. Alberto Fujimori, a former President of what country, was sentenced to more than a ten-year jail term in 2009 for embezzlement? In December 2017, he was granted a pardon overturned shortly by the Supreme Court.
2. After being mistaken for Stan Lee by a New Zealand newspaper and pronounced dead, the director responded on Instagram with the following: “God Bless Stan Lee. Me? Not Yet. And Dat’s Da ‘I’m Still A Live, And Strivin’ Truth, Ruth. YA-DIG? SHO-NUFF.” Who?
3. The world cup for this sport was first held in 1971 in Spain as it was deemed a neutral venue for the participating teams. The trophy was designed by Bashir Moojid and created by the Pakistani Army. What sport?
4. In a 2017 Quartz magazine article, Steven Spielberg was placed on top of a list – the list measured the most number of times Oscar winners thanked a person. God came second on the list, but which controversial person, whose fate is all but sealed, was placed third on the list?
5. Pierce Brosnan reunited with grown kids to celebrate a movie’s 25th anniversary. They reflected on the good times they shared on set with the film’s main character, who passed away in 2014. What actor and the movie?
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS)