Five questions of the day, in other words, Qwizzeria Daily, a daily quiz where you get to discover new facts from the ocean of information or test what you already know.
Here are today’s five questions –
1. What 2011 Hollywood movie starring Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher shares its title with the second studio album by American boy band N’SYNC? In this album, you will find their most famous single ‘Bye Bye Bye.’
2. What four-letter word in Japanese defines a place reserved for immersive learning? Traditionally, it was a place for martial arts to hone their skills; the term has been used in other fields such as meditation, software development, etc.
3. Robert Recorde, a 16th-century Welsh physician and mathematician, invented this symbol after getting tired of writing a ‘three-word sentence’ repeatedly. The sign is now adopted internationally. Which symbol?
4. This political term was coined in the late 1940s by the communist leader Mátyás Rákosi to describe the Hungarian Communist Party’s actions. It refers to divide the opposition, only to have to face smaller, weaker enemies. Name this two-word term.
5. Painted by Aaron Shikler, who is the subject of this portrait and was placed on public display in the East Room of the White House in 1971? (PICTURE)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS)