Five questions of the day, in other words, Qwizzeria Daily, a daily quiz where you get to discover new facts from the ocean of information or test what you already know.
Here are today’s five questions –
1. Before his acting career ended abruptly in 1994, he’d played the security chief of ‘The Towering Inferno’ and the accident-prone Detective Nordberg in the ‘Naked Gun’ movies. Who?
2. Siti Aisyah and Doan Thi Huong were accused of being a part of a murder plot in Malaysia. Name this person, murdered on 13 February 2017 in Malaysia?
3. Originally a unit of weight used to measure grain, what name was given to the currency of the ancient kingdoms of Judea, Carthage and Tyre, and the present-day nation of Israel?
4. One of the earliest origins of this European river’s name comes from the Proto-Indo-European word. In Vedic Sanskrit, it meant ‘fluid/drop,’ and in Avestan (old Iranian) language, it meant ‘river.’ Ancient Greeks called it ‘Istros.’ Which river?
5. This visual is a 1940 photograph clicked by the Nazi photographer Hugo Jäger. The photo is of a French town after the bombardment from British forces. Which town? (PICTURE)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS)