Five questions of the day, in other words, Qwizzeria Daily, a daily quiz where you get to discover new facts from the ocean of information or test what you already know.
Here are today’s five questions –
1. In May 2018, Jean-Claude Juncker attended an event in Trier, Germany, at which a statue donated by the Chinese Government was unveiled. It was on the occasion of the 200th birth anniversary of which German?
2. The Renaissance European mapmakers named it as Abbacuch Sea (Oronce Fine in 1531), Mar de Bachu (Ortellius’s 1570 map), and Mar de Sala (Mercator’s 1569 map). Old Russian sources called it Khvalis Sea; in modern Turkic, it is called Hazar denizi. What water body?
3. They met while students at Oxford University; they were introduced by future PM of Pakistan Benazir Bhutto at a Conservative Party disco. They later bonded over a shared love of cricket and married in 1980. Her maiden family name was Brasier and later changed to her husband’s. Who is she?
4. A story regarding what iconic photo? On his 72nd birthday, the staff at Princeton University had thrown a party. He met a photographer Arthur Sasse, who took several pictures of him. As the party ended, he was tired and entered his chauffeured car. Sasse asked for one more photo, and he turned to him and gave a pose!
5. To play a coke addict, Jules, in the 1985 movie St. Elmo’s Fire, which actress had to sign a contract that stipulated her to stop her alcohol and drug abuse, an agreement that changed her life to turn around? (PICTURE)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS)