Five questions of the day, in other words, Qwizzeria Daily, a daily quiz where you get to add ‘new’ drops from the ocean or test what you already know.
Here are today’s five questions –
1. In 1994, the mathematician Peter Shor developed an algorithm for integer factorization. Shor’s algorithm is specifically designed to be used on which kind of computer?
2. What word can be used to refer to these: an impact between two or more objects, a condition where a programme ceases to respond, sleeping in an impromptu location?
3. Also known for portraying Al Dillon in Predator, American actor and former professional football player Carl Weathers is best-known for playing Apollo Creed in what movie series?
4. Although the entire mountain was within the Duchy of Savoy from 1416 to 1792, the ownership of the summit of which highest mountain in the Alps has been debated since the French Revolution?
5. The science fiction writer David Langford publishes the sci-fic fanzine and newsletter Ansible. Ansible is a fictional communication device (for now) that first made its appearance in the 1966 novel Rocannon’s World. Who wrote Rocannon’s World? (PICTURE)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS)