Five questions of the day, in other words, Qwizzeria Daily, a daily quiz where you get to add ‘new’ drops from the ocean or test what you already know.
Here are today’s five questions –
1. Derived from the Ancient Greek word meaning ‘significant,’ what branch of linguistics and logic primarily concerned with meaning?
2. Lying on the Rhine river’s tributary, which city is the largest city of the German federal state of Hesse?
3. In which South American country is there a sizeable Welsh settlement with more than 5000 Welsh speakers? In 1865 a large group of Welsh people migrated to Patagonia, ostensibly to protect and preserve Welsh culture.
4. In Norse mythology, Jormungandr is a serpent that lives in the ocean surrounding Midgard and is also known as the Midgard serpent. It is the offspring of the giantess Angrboda and which Norse character?
5. Booker is a crime TV series that ran for one season (1989-1990). It is a spin-off to what TV series ran for five seasons (1987-1991) and later adapted into a movie starring Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill? (PICTURE)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS)