Five questions of the day, in other words, Qwizzeria Daily, a daily quiz where you get to add ‘new’ drops from the ocean or test what you already know.
Here are today’s five questions –
1. What breed of dogs are the protagonists in the 1956 novel and its 1967 lesser-known sequel, The Starlight Barking by Dodie Smith?
2. Which golfing term is used to warn anyone standing or moving in the flight of the golf ball? The word is said to have come from military usage.
3. In 1939, Hilary Page, a British citizen and founder of Kiddicraft, applied for a patent for a locking mechanism. Another toy manufacturer took the idea from Kiddicraft and created a modified version that continues to be popular even today. What product?
4. What culinary technique shares its name with the French word for the “upper crust” of Parisian society?
5. What word used for tall structures is the collective noun for a group of giraffes? (PICTURE)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS)