Five questions of the day, in other words, Qwizzeria Daily, a daily quiz where you get to add ‘new’ drops from the ocean or test what you already know.
Here are today’s five questions –
1. Today is the 187th edition; let me start with that number. Which Indian Test cricketer was presented with cap 187 (not sure if an actual cap was given) when he made his Test debut for India in 1989?
2. Believed to be the Greek Goddess Aphrodite’s birthplace, which island is divided into northern and southern parts separated by an UN-controlled Buffer Zone, called ‘the Green Line.’
3. Located beyond Neptune’s orbit, Haumea is one of the five recognised dwarf planets and is named after the goddess of childbirth in which mythology?
4. In 2018, which novel won the Golden Man Booker Prize, a public poll among five best Booker Prize winners? The book was adapted into a 1996 movie that won 9 Oscars.
5. Elstree 1976 is a 2015 documentary about what film shot in 1976 at Elstree Studios in England? It chronicles the stories of extras and actors who had bit parts in the movie – usually covered either in prosthetics or helmets?
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS)