Five questions of the day, in other words, Qwizzeria Daily is brought to you by Qwizzeria! For more pub quizzes and other quiz events keep checking the Qwizzeria website or the social media channels of Qwizzeria.
Here are today’s five questions –
1. A 2004 movie (Best Picture Oscar winner) was inspired by a real-life incident in which the director’s Paul Haggis’ Porsche was carjacked in 1991 outside a Wilshire Boulevard video store. What movie?
2. The seventh day of the seventh month each year is the time for the Tanabata festival wherein the romantics across which country celebrate the story of Orihime, a weaver princess, and Hikoboshi, a cow herder?
3. With a name that loosely translates from Russian as “ruler of the East,” which city is the Russian Pacific Fleet’s home port?
4. Classified under the species Panthera uncia, what animal is shown in the 2013 movie The Secret Life of Walter Mitty when photojournalist Sean O’Connell (Sean Penn) is on an assignment photographing them in Afghanistan?
5. Also known as Auld Mug, this cup was first awarded in 1851, and the current holders are Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron. What cup? (PICTURE)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS)