Five questions of the day, in other words, Qwizzeria Daily is brought to you by Qwizzeria! For more pub quizzes and other quiz events keep checking the Qwizzeria website or the social media channels of Qwizzeria.
Here are today’s five questions –
1. The year 1892 saw the start of a process whereby 20 million people entered the USA via which island before it closed in 1954?
2. The only club in its country to be not relegated from the topflight is nicknamed, Nerazzurri, due to the colours of the club’s uniforms’ stripes. What team?
3. The Balearic Islands in the Mediterranean Sea are divided into two groups: Ginmesias in the North and Pitiusas in the South-West. Name the most famous island and a UNESCO Heritage site of the Pitiusas group?
4. In 1888, which painter left his studio in Paris to set up his “Studio of the South” in Arles, a Provence town? He committed suicide two years later in 1890.
5. What was the short-lived 1973 TV series based on a hit 1949 movie of the same name starring Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn? The name comes from a biblical story. (PICTURE)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS)