Five questions of the day, in other words, Qwizzeria Daily is brought to you by Qwizzeria! For more pub quizzes and other quiz events keep checking the Qwizzeria website or the social media channels of Qwizzeria.
Here are today’s five questions –
1. At that time of the industrial revolution in Switzerland, many factory jobs were created for women. Hence they were left with very little time to prepare meals. This set of events gave birth to the formation of which company?
2. What female name comes from the Latin meaning strange or foreign. Unlike men, the alien concept for women was presumed to be ‘exotic’ and hence used. It was popularised as a Christian name after the legend of a Saint. What name?
3. In 2001, Britain’s Foreign Secretary Robin Cook declared what dish to be a real British national dish? “Not only because it is the most popular, but because it is a perfect illustration of the way Britain absorbs and adapts external influences.”
4. Irina Blok is most famous for designing this tech logo in the year 2007. For this logo, she took inspiration from a distinctly human source – the universal man and woman’s pictograms that often appear on restroom doors. What logo did Irina Blok design?
5. What short-animated film, shot using Oculus, won the 2016 Emmy under “Best Outstanding original interactive Program’? (PICTURE)
(NEXT PAGE FOR ANSWERS)